The next month (February 2019) will be my last month working on Djavaweb as a UI UX Designer. I feel enjoy and learning a lot of stuff in there.
Time flies fast, I want to move to another challenge so I could do what I really love and grow up more.
And I think the time is now.
But … Am I ready?
My resignation letter has been sent to my own CEO and he approved it.
Actually, I sent it on December 28, 2018. My planning was the last day on Djavaweb will be on January 31, 2019.
But, because of the company situation right now that still needs me a lot. The CEO asked me to change the resignation time become February.
So my last in there will be February 28, 2019.
Then I accept it.
My initial plan is to want to focus on UX Design. The field that I strongly on it.
I want to continue my careers working on a real UX Design Project. I want to contribute as a UX Designer on the team.
So, what I would do on the next journey? Especially in March 2019?
So far, The alternatives are becoming Remote Working or Freelancing.
But I still confused
Yes, I confused. September 2019 I have to study on College (Kampus Bisnis Umar Usman) in Jakarta.
It has a correlation with my choice whether become Freelancer or Remote Worker.
Both sides have pros and cons, Let me write it about those.
- It will be challenging because I’ll control all of the aspects of my future careers.
- My college will support their student become an entrepreneur.
- Another pro, I shouldn’t apply for a job, design a CV, Make a UX Case Study, and looking for job opportunities on the internet.
- I have bought ‘freelancer guide online course’ from Hay Academy and I still haven’t learned it yet. I also could take a course on The Interaction Design Foundation “Become Freelance Designer” it will be a good guide for me.
- The experience will be good for my future plan to become an entrepreneur.
For cons to become freelance is more on questions such as:
- Do I ready for the up and down financial situation?
- is my current skill need by the market?
- Do I ready to feel more stressed because I will think about finding a client, maintain communications, doing negotiations, and the other thing. So it will make me difficult to focus on learning UX Design.
Another hand, Remote Working become a good alternative because of their pros and cons.
Doing Remote Working
- I will get a stable salary every month. Umm, so I don’t worry about the money.
- My salary will be higher than average Salary Minimum Regional in Surabaya, Indonesia.
- My task focus on UX Design and the relation of UX things.
- Do I ready to work on a standard foreign company/startup?
- Do I ready to communicate better with stakeholder?
- Will it supports when I study on College in Sept 2019?
- I have to make a UX Case Study, apply to a company, and worried about the contract.
Actually, it will be great if I could be a freelance UX Designer and do contract work with UX Design Agency.
So, I could still do work flexible. I do UX Design work. Also, I get the stable of incomes.
My last year working as UI UX Designer make me worried about financial when I do freelancing.
Every choice has a consequence. Until now, I don’t know what choice I’m gonna take.
Am I ready to do that?
Okay, Iosi. It is not your time to think whether you are ready or not. Let’s change the question, how to make you ready for that challenge?0